[evlatests] P-band status update: 15APR2014

Huib Intema (NRAO) hintema at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 16 14:30:41 EDT 2014

Dear testers,

Again using yesterday's P-band test data, I've checked the values of
Psum, Pdif and Tcal in the AIPS SY and CD tables. Note that the SDM-BDF
data was loaded into AIPS using the BDFIn() task in ObitTalk version
478M (so not using BDF2AIPS, but it should give the same result). Also
note that EA14 was out of the array, and EA03 was found to be dead.

* Psum (inspected with AIPS SNPLT)

For most antenna/polarization pairs, the time-series of Psum values as
inspected for two individual RFI-clean subbbands (or IFs) lie closely
around a constant value of about 15 counts. I've noticed the following
exceptions:
- EA12 LCP: erratic but non-random behaviour of Psum over large range of
values
- EA19 RCP: Psum slopes down from 15 to 12 over 8 minutes
- EA19 LCP: Psum jumps from 15 to (noise around) zero after 6 minutes

* Pdif (inspected with AIPS SNPLT)

For most antenna/polarization pairs, the time-series of Pdif values as
inspected for two individual RFI-clean subbbands (IFs) lie closely
around a constant value between 0.4 and 2.0 counts. I've noticed the
following exceptions:
- EA06 LCP: low value of 0.2
- EA12 LCP: erratic but non-random values
- EA13 RCP and LCP: noise around zero
- EA18 LCP: low value of 0.1
- EA19 RCP: slopes up from 0.2 to 0.3 over 8 minutes
- EA19 LCP: Pdif jumps from 0.4 to (noise around) zero after 6 minutes
- EA20 RCP: low value of 0.01
- EA27 LCP: more noisy (scattered) than other Pdif time series

* Tcal (inspected with AIPS PRTAB)

For the test observation we used 16 subbands (or IFs) to cover the
P-band 256 MHz bandwidth. For almost all antenna/polarization pairs, the
Tcal value for the lower 11 subbands match the single (integer) Tcal
value as specified on Paul Harden's webpage
(http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~pharden/LBR/lbr.htm), while the upper 5
subbands have a value of one (clearly a software bug!). Note that the
following antenna/polarization pairs deviate from Paul's values:
- EA02 RCP: 15K instead of 14K
- EA22 RCP: 17K instead of 19K

-- Huib