[evlatests] P-band Status (observational)

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 21 12:53:17 EST 2013

On 11/20/2013 5:14 PM, Rick Perley wrote:
>      Another test was run last night.  The data (with few exceptions) are
> of superb quality.
>
>      Here are the issues found:

Thanks for the valuable feedback, Rick.  I have updated the low band
status based on your findings on the LBR website, which will determine
imminent maintenance actions.
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~pharden/LBR/lbr.htm

I am completing the build of two spare receivers.  Those will likely be
installed into EA17 and 25, with a new CAL board, to correct the
gain/Tcal/CAL switching problems on those antennas, and no fringing on
EA17.  New CAL boards will also be installed in EA11 and 19, and the
other antennas with noted CAL switching problems checked.  This will
completely purge the old prototype electronics from the system.

Dan, Taylor and I are hopeful that we can clean up a lot of these major
issues in the next two weeks for you and Frazer.  We'll keep you informed.

Paul