[evlatests] lando replacement

Bill Sahr bsahr at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 5 17:54:44 EST 2013

The replacement of the database server named lando by the server
currently known as lando-new is still scheduled for the double
maintenance day that falls on Tue, 11/12 & Wed, 11/13.

With this change the names "lando-new" and "lando-new.evla.nrao.edu"
will disappear from our network.  Any/all programs, scripts, etc that
reference these names must be changed.  Details on how best to make
the change were given in a posting of 10/30/2013, subject: lando
replacement.

During the changeover, both lando & lando-new and all of the databases
on these two systems will be unavailable.  The affected databases are:
      - evlaparm, the EVLA parameters dbase,
      - evlampts, the main database for EVLA monitor data,
      - widarmpts, the main database for widar correlator monitor data

There are standby versions for all of these databases. How to access
the standby databases was also discussed in the aforementioned
posting of 10/30.

If you have any questions re these matters please contact either me,
Bill Sahr, or Daniel Lyons.

Thanks to help from the sysadmin group, we have been able to monitor
requests received by the servers amos, andy, and whatever that contain
the name "lando-new".  The log files for Noon-1PM on Nov 4 & Nov 5
have been examined.  Over those 2 hours, requests containing the name
"lando-new" were seen to be coming from the following machines:

                   - evan.evla.nrao.edu
                   - wic-1.aoc.nrao.edu
                   - vladrack.ad.nrao.edu
                   - eva.evla.nrao.edu
                   - chiefwiggum.ad.nrao.edu
                   - sandhill.ad.nrao.edu

If the software running on these machines is not modified to eliminate
the use of the name "lando-new" that software will cease to function
correctly as of Nov 12-13.