[evlatests] L350 MIB and the WIDAR timecode faults

Keith Morris kmorris at nrao.edu
Wed May 29 10:59:34 EDT 2013

Ken and Hichem have identified the part of the L350 MIB code that is
likely responsible for the missing 60-second flag pulse edges.  This is
believed to be responsible for both flavors of timecode faults --
minutes of zero second duration, and minutes with more than 60 seconds,
depending on which edge of the pulse was missing.

A fix to this has been running in the lab for the past week, with no
recurrences of the missing flag.  We propose to deploy this new MIB
version during today's maintenance day.  We will load the image onto
both L350s and reboot them, at which time the array will need to be
resynchronized.

--
Keith Morris
National Radio Astronomy Observatory