[evlatests] Radiator at 11.18 GHz?

Keith Morris kmorris at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 19 08:56:55 EDT 2013

Steve Tenorio reminded me that I had placed a microwave signal generator
in the API shack on Friday.  It was on and unterminated all weekend, but
it is off now.  The frequency was set to 11.7GHz, but not referred to any
frequency reference, so it could have wandered.  That may have been the
culprit.  In any case, both that and the API antenna power supply are off
now.

When we have a moment, could we devise a test that checks explicitly for
radiation from the API shack and antennas?  All the new API components
will meet EVLA RFI shielding requirements, but the same can not be said of
the present system.  And I will need to use that (or a different)
microwave signal generator for the next phase of testing that I need to
perform.