[evlatests] MIB updates today

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 26 16:50:22 EST 2013

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> We will attempt to update the load image of all EVLA antenna MIBs today.
> This will begin whem observing ends about 9:45 this morning.
>
> ea27 will be done first as a test case.  If all is well, the other
> antennas will all be done with some degree of parallelism.  We expect
> about half an hour to do ea27 and half an hour to verify it.  The
> remainder will probably occupy much of the day.  If we run out of
> time, the work will continue on Thursday.
>
> Because a MIB must be brought back to the shop for repair if the
> load image update is interrupted, we ask that no work be done
> while this is in progress which has a chance of interrupting power
> or communications with antenna MIBs.
>
> The operator will be kept informed of our progress and will coordinate
> work on antennas.  ea15 will be done later when it is more ready for use.

We have finished for today.  The master LO modules and all
the antennas except ea07, ea15, and ea20 have been done.
ea15 is not yet available to us, and work was in progress
at ea07 and ea20.  We would like to reserve ea07 and ea20
to complete this work on Thursday morning.  ea15 will have
to be done before we attempt to use it, but after the hardware
work has settled down.