[evlatests] VLA ACU Design review

jjackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 25 13:59:13 EST 2013

There will be a design review for the new VLA antenna ACU on Tuesday
March 26 starting at 9AM in the AOC Auditorium.  We now have the
majority of the prototype hardware and software up and running in the
Servo shop. We have verified virtually all of the I/O points and have
driven the AZ/EL and FRM motors on the setup in the lab fully closed
loop (velocity and position).  The purpose of this review is to
determine if we are ready to attempt to install the prototype on a VLA
antenna in the May/June time frame.

Greg Maglathlin, our software design consultant, is planning to be
present the entire week of review. Audio / Video teleconferencing will
be available.

Cheers,
Jim Jackson

--