[evlatests] Precision Polarimetric Calibration Discussion (and more)

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 28 19:32:24 EDT 2013

    Reminder:

    Bob Sault and I will show and discuss our recent efforts in accurate
polarization calibration tomorrow (Thursday), at 10AM in Rm 317.

    Agenda:

    1) A comparison of two methods for determining the full
(non-referenced) polarization leakage terms  at C and X bands.  (Bob)

    2) Time evolution of the full polarization terms over timescales of
days to years, for L, S, C and X bands  (Rick)

    3) Discussion of when the full polarization terms are needed for
polarimetry (as opposed to the easily determined referenced ones).

    4) Bonus Feature:  If time allows, Bob will discuss his recent memo
(with Ken) on 'Spectral Artifacts from Phase Serialization'.