[evlatests] K-band compression?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 31 12:23:15 EDT 2012

    At this band, the contribution for Taurus A is quite small -- only
~10K, due to the small primary beam.  This is only a ~15% change in
system power, so we should not expect to see much 'PDif Compression' --
and we don't -- but there are some notable exceptions.  I list here only
those antennas for which a significant compression was observed.
Frequencies tuned were 19.4 and 25.4 GHz on the BD and AC sides,
respectively.

    ea09, B and D:  98
    ea11 B and D:   95
    ea14 B and D:   96
    ea15 B and D:   99
    ea16 B and D:   97
    ea17 B and D:   97
    ea18 B and D:   97
    ea20 B and D:   96
    ea22 B and D:   97
    ea27 B               98
    ea28 B and D:  98

    No discernible compression was seen on the AC side.  This was set to
the higher frequency, where the power increment from the source is much
less.