[evlatests] Some further notes from L-band test

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:04:14 EDT 2012

    In reviewing  the switched power tables from last night's short
L-band run, some misbehaving antennas stand out.

    ea13 A and B:  Power is totally dominated by receiver noise --
essentially no sky signal.  System temperature about 500 K.
    ea17, IFs A, C, and D give essentially zero-mean noise for the
PDifs.  Only IF 'B' is normal.
    ea19, all IFs:  No useful information in the switched power.
    ea22B -- no useful information in switched power.
    ea23A  PDif is zero-mean noise.
    ea28, C and D:  zero-mean noise for PDif.  (This is an old problem).

    The test provided me no visibilities!  Something amiss with the
correlator.  I note that three other runs, taken before or after this
test are flagged by the archive as having missing scans.