[evlatests] early VHF results

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 26 20:16:43 EST 2012

Scheduling Officer wrote:
> Yikes! With the dipoles up, we should avoid doing polarimetry tonight. But
> we are not yet organized to be able to prevent that. When will the dipoles
> be removed? Is there a test plan for their deployment and removal? Thanks.
> - Joan

The dipoles were deployed ONLY on Antennas 19 and 25 (next to each other
on SW arm near center) - not the entire array.  These are the two
antennas with the new low band receivers.  The plan (as I understand it)
is for the dipoles to be deployed for about a week to conduct a host of
preliminary tests from total power measurements to RFI monitoring, then
immediately brought down.

Paul Harden