[evlatests] early VHF results

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 26 18:18:42 EST 2012

Antennas ea19 and ea25 have been outfitted with receivers and dipoles.
A first test was a simple observation using two subbands to cover
222 MHz to 470 MHz, and a third subband in the other IF piar to
(erroneously) cover 80 to 112 MHz.  A few minutes of such data is
available as VHFsysstart_005 from this afternoon.

1.  ea19C is very weak as seen at the downconverter.
2.  No 75 MHz correlated power was seen because I had mistuned.
3.  300 MHz correlated power appeared in the crossed hand term
     which did not include 19C.  We can just swap cables at one
     of the antennas but eventually we should try to determine
     which is correct.

Tomorrow the low power from 19C will be addressed, I will retune
the 75 MHz subband, and we will try to take a little data that can
be looked at with some care.