[evlatests] L-band performance

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 9 17:26:26 EST 2012

    As part of debugging the tendency for my scripts to collapse the
correlator, another 'flux density' test script was run today.   This
script includes L-band, so I took a careful look at the data, given
Chuck's report this morning of some serious issues with the L-band
receivers.
    The situation isn't nearly as dire as Chuck's report seemed to indicate:

    1) Antennas 11, 17, and 19 were out of the array.
    2) ea18 gives essentially no fringe power at any of the four subbands.
    3) ea26 is similarly weak, on RCP only.
    4) ea23 is also very weak, on LCP only.
    5) ea13's fringes are down by about half in RCP.
    6 Three other antennas give weaker-than-expected fringes on single
IFs:  ea07A, ea04A, and ea15C.  However, these might perhaps be low
power levels specific to a single IF.