[evlatests] Switched Power Calibration meeting, tomorrow

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 8 15:48:52 EST 2012

    Vivek and are planning a meeting tomorrow to discuss switched power
calibration.  There are two main subjects:

    1) The successes and failures of switched power with the 8-bit
system.  I will show examples of both.  I will also discuss the
advantages and disadvantages of set-and-remember.  (It isn't always a
good idea ...)

    2) PDif Compression with the 3-bit system.  We believe the major
cause for 'PDif Compression' with the 3-bit system is understood.  But
the explanation suggests the effect is repeatable and readily calibrated
out.  Sadly, it appears that reality doesn't conform to our simple
understanding.   Vivek will discuss the characteristics and the proposed
remedy.

    This is intended to be a working session -- there will be plenty of
data presentation and fairly detailed discussions.  All are welcome.

    10AM, Room 317, 09 February.