[evlatests] Ku-band holography tests

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 27 15:58:48 EDT 2012

    In preparation for the weekend Ku-band holography, we did a test run
of the holography scripts prepared by Michiel.
    Eighteen antennas are now working well at Ku-band!  Amplitude and
phase stability look extremely good.

    There is a large delay error for ea11, in IFs A and C only.  (-30
nsec for both).   All others look fine.
    There is evidence of a significant collimation error for ea01 (from
the holography scans) -- this is not a big deal, but if it could be
found and corrected, that would be useful.

    In the light of Vivek's finding of bandpass instability, I checked
the BP solutions with BPLOT.  For these Ku-band data, all look
excellent, with changes (on timescales of 30 minutes) less than 1%.  The
calibrator scans were short, so SNR was not high, however.

    We're ready to do the dish surveys this weekend.

    Rick