[evlatests] Continuing ...

rperley at nrao.edu rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 24 23:10:00 EDT 2011

... somehow, the message was sent without me sending it ...

   To finish:

   In general, the PDif values on most antennas are suffering greatly from
the problems with our switches, and although application of these
values does wonders in restoring the proper amplitudes, comparison of
raw gains, corrected gains, and the PDif values which connect them is
complicated by these irregularites.

   We plan to repeat this test, but using a time window during which the
ambient temperature does not change.  3C84 is ideally placed for this,
as it rises near midnight, and transits just before dawn.  We propose
to do this observation when the weather next settles down, probably
this weekend.