[evlatests] More 3-bit data

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 15 18:39:14 EST 2011

       Michael and Ken ran some more 3-bit tests.  Results are listed below.

Michael Rupen wrote:
> Hi Rick --
>
>   please have a look at:
>
> 1- ku_switch_009.55880.84365119213
>   This is a single-subband experiment, switching back and forth
> between 3- and
>   8-bit.  Key question is the stability of the gains (esp. bandpass)
>   throughout the run.
>   - The MIB software in the deformatter on ea14 was updated before
> this run
>   -- at some point we should try this with all subbands, since the
> problems
>     are sometimes confined to a few subbands
    Result:  No change of spectral shape or visibility amplitudes are
seen in this switching test, to an accuracy of 1% of so.

> 2- ku3eq_sameFreqAll_3C345off_001.55880.8811090625
>   This is a 30-minute run, similar to the long run you've been looking
> at on
>   3C84.  We claim that ea23-A is fixed, and ea18 is now working as a
> 3-bit
>   antenna (though we saw some oddities in ea18-A2 especially).  Please
> have
>   a quick look to check both of these claims.
>
>   Note that ea18 uses "old" samplers in new boards.  The state count
>   histograms are much nicer than they used to be!

    We have a working 7th 3-bit antenna!  All looks just fine:

    1) ea23A1 is indeed looking like the others now.  It is giving
proper PSum and PDif now (it wasn't before).
    2) ea18 shows all the same features (both good and not-so-good) that
the other antennas show.