[evlatests] Temperature-sensitive gains at Ku, K, Ka, and Q bands

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 1 11:13:28 EDT 2011

    So far as we can tell, the application of PDif nicely removes these
temperature-induced gain changes.  So we're not too concerned about
this.  However -- the tests so far cannot easily discern if the noise
diode output is varying significantly (defined here as more than ~1%).
The 'flux density' run of last year provided some evidence that noise
diode power was varying by about this much ... we'll need to think of a
good test to give a more definitive judgment.