[evlatests] More on Switched Power 'Saturation'

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri May 27 15:28:38 EDT 2011

    ... but the trouble with this hypothesis (non-linear T304 somehow
triggered by LO settings) is:

    1) We've shown pretty clearly that the apparent non-linearity in
switched power is *not* seen in the visibilities.  This should direct
attention at the mechanism for detecting the switched power,
          and
    2) Numerous tests done on the antenna with the same power meter (but
admittedly at somewhat different frequencies, and at the input to the
T304) show no linearity over a very wide range of input power
          and
    3) Specific tests done 2 weeks ago to isolate non-linearity within
the T304 failed to show any such problem.

    Now of course it's possible to find specific combinations of factors
which could explain all these puzzling findings, but I (for one) haven't
got a single solution to all that we've found so far.

    So, to quote Bob:

    'More tests are planned'

    Rick