[evlatests] T302 Linearity Test

Keith Morris kmorris at nrao.edu
Fri May 6 12:34:02 EDT 2011

I measured this recently in the lab.  LO-filter.pdf shows the LO leakage
out of the T302, with (red) and without (blue) the T304 input filter.
The second file, noise-plus-LO.pdf, shows the filtered LO leakage
superimposed on the nominal T304 input noise power.

I injected into the T304 a signal consisting of x-band noise plus the
L301 at the levels shown in the plots.  For any of the most common L, S,
or C-band L301 tunings, I was unable to measure any gain compression in
the T304.