[evlatests] Ka-band super-birdie

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 29 17:56:35 EDT 2011

    Ken ran the 'rfisurvey' script twice, using different LO settings,
as noted below.

    The 'superbirdie' moves with the LO:  the frequencies at which it is
seen are as listed below in the setup description.

    Along with this, we find a pair of weak birdies, seen only in RCP,
and at both tunings in the same place:

    29492.7 and 29507.7 MHz.

    What makes these interesting is that they are (almost) symmetrically
placed about the subband boundary lying at 29500 MHz.  The first of
these lies in subband 4, and second lies in subband 5, each about 7 MHz
from the boundary.  It looks like an alias, but probably isn't, as they
are of equal strength (about 3dB above the noise).