[evlatests] Wobble-itis at S-Band!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 10 17:52:02 EST 2011

    In finishing up the 'receiver rotation trick' calibration, I'm
generating interim models for 3C147 at the observing bands.  This caused
me to look closely at the visibilities.  The data were taken last night.

    To my dismay, I've discovered strong evidence for 'wobbles' at
S-band.   The characteristics are all the same as described in the past.

    The baselines involved, as usual, don't close.  They were easy to
identify:

    8 with 6, 10, 16, 28
    10 with 16, 28
    16 with 28.

    Presumably, there is some magical relationship amongst the
antennas:  6, 8, 10, 16, and 28.

    I only looked at subband 8 (2.9 GHz central frequency).  Both
polarization pairs are equally affected.