[evlatests] Question about SY tables

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:43:45 EST 2011

    While editing the SY tables for the 'flux densities' data for
L-band, I noted subband 4 (1180 -- 1244 MHz) has very nice switched
power data.  This is unexpected, as the SPFLG plots for this subband
show the presence of very strong interference -- the GPS L2 signal is
centered at 1227 MHz, and should (must!) wreck havoc with switched power.

    So:  The Question:  How sure are we that the SY table entries
originate from the identified subband?  That is -- how sure are we that
the data I'm looking at (in AIPS) which is listed for subband 4 really
is from that subband?