[evlatests] 128 MHz RFI comb in Q-band ...

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 15 12:07:49 EST 2011

    The last time a full spectra sweep was run (March of this year), I
found a remarkable set of comb-like interferors at the high end of Q-band.
    The recent sweep shows these are still present.  They have
interesting properties:

    1) They are visible only at the high end of Q-band.
    2) They are at integer multiples of 128 MHz (starting at 379*128).
    3) They are present only on a few tens of baselines.  Antennas which
have by far the strongest birdies are:  14, 21, 11 and 22.
    4) These antennas are all near the center of the array (W3, E3, E1,
and N2, respectively).  However, other antennas in this vicinity show
very weak, or no, lines at all.  So I suggest we look first at these
four antennas for an origin.