[evlatests] Next test ...

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 3 19:06:20 EDT 2010

    For this test, the cables feeding the samplers from the T304 modules
were interchanged, so that the output RR correlations are in fact the
LL, and vice versa.  If the problem lies 'upstream' of the swap, the
noise asymmetry should change polarization.  If the problem lies
'downstream' from the swap, the noise asymmetry should remain the same.

    The higher noise remains on the RCP side.  From this we conclude
that the added noise problem is introduced between the analog input to
the sampler, and the digital input to the correlator station board.

    That's all we can do today.  We'll pick this up again on Tuesday
morning.

    Below I give the 'noise matrix', (for the record):

         15          22         27          28
15   |   X         .23        .23         .21
22   |  .19         X         .26         .23
27   |  .20      .19           X          .23
28   |  .20      .19          .20           X

Observant readers may note that the difference between RCP and LCP is
not so great in this test as it
was in the others -- this may be due to different sensitivities between
the RCP and LCP, or it may be telling us something more subtle ...