[evlatests] Settling Times for Referenced Pointing

Juergen Ott jott at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 22 13:10:28 EST 2010

- for OTF interferometry, speed will not be critical but a better
control of the antennas will be (the new ACUs should be a huge improvement).

- apart from the observation technique, there are, potentially, also
transients that flare on minute timescales. Faster slewing would be very
helpful to catch these sources if EVLA scheduling allows such quick
response times.

Juergen