[evlatests] Antenna 21, IF 'A'

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 2 11:22:02 EDT 2010

    I've noted earlier that antenna 21, IF 'A' is slow to provide
fringes when a band is changed.   This was based on tests done at L, S,
C, and X bands.
    Further testing (for other purposes) shows that (as expected), the
problem is common to all bands.   The duration of non-fringing is
variable -- from as short as a few seconds to well over one minute.  No
other IF is affected.

    One other signature -- when the fringes are absent, I note that a
small pulse of fringe power (not of full amplitude) is seen once ever
ten seconds, always on a time ending in '7' (i.e., at 07, 17, 27, 37,
etc.) seconds.

    Sounds like a station board issue ...