[evlatests] More on Wideband Modes

Steven T. Myers smyers at nrao.edu
Tue May 4 19:50:33 EDT 2010

This is indeed shadowing. Note the first 2 runs were on 3C345 and the
third switched to 3C84.  And these are the inner antennas that show
baselines lengths less than 25m.

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Steven T. Myers wrote:

>>    2) Antennas 2, 4, 11 and 27 were flagged out in tests (a) and (b),
>> but provided perfectly good data from test (c).  From this, I would
>> deduce the antenna is fine, and the flagged data were from some other
>> cause.  (I'm filling the data as unflagged now, to see if the problem is
>> 'zeros', or something like antenna not on source, etc.
>
> I suspect shadowing (shadowing flags are applied online).  I checked and
> there are no online flags for (b) at least covering the whole run (there
> are some short FOCUS_ERROR and SUBREFLECTOR_ERROR flags on some antennas)
> and it isn't a series of zeroes.  I'm checking this theory now.
>
>  -s

|:| Steven T. Myers                      |:|  Tenured Astronomer       |:|
|:| National Radio Astronomy Observatory |:|  Ph:  (575) 835-7294      |:|
|:| P.O. Box O, Socorro, NM 87801        |:|  FAX: (575) 835-7027      |:|
|:| http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~smyers      |:|  smyers at nrao.edu          |:|