[evlatests] More on Wideband Modes

Steven T. Myers smyers at nrao.edu
Tue May 4 19:35:08 EDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Rick Perley wrote:

>    Ken took three short tests utilizing the wideband setups.  The three
> were:
>
>    a) Four subbands from IFpair A/C, each of 128 MHz, full
> polarization, 64 channels/spectrum.

FYI, this is called C_half_014.55320.61670587963  (I think)

>    b) Four subbands from each of IFpairs A/C and B/D.  128 MHz, full
> polarization, 64 channels/spectrum.

This one is called C_rsro1_000.55320.62376930556

>    c) Eight subbands from IFpair A/C, each 128 MHz, full polarization,
> 64channels/spectrum.

This one is C_GHz_001.55320.64443706018

>    2) Antennas 2, 4, 11 and 27 were flagged out in tests (a) and (b),
> but provided perfectly good data from test (c).  From this, I would
> deduce the antenna is fine, and the flagged data were from some other
> cause.  (I'm filling the data as unflagged now, to see if the problem is
> 'zeros', or something like antenna not on source, etc.

I suspect shadowing (shadowing flags are applied online).  I checked and
there are no online flags for (b) at least covering the whole run (there
are some short FOCUS_ERROR and SUBREFLECTOR_ERROR flags on some antennas)
and it isn't a series of zeroes.  I'm checking this theory now.

  -s