[evlatests] 20Hz changeover

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 23 11:00:26 EDT 2010

Please hold off attempting to change from 19.2Hz to 20Hz timing in
the EVLA.  After some confusion, we are now not certain how the
current FPGA firmware in the DTS modules and the software running in
the deformatters are going to react to that change. When asked
before, the module designers assumed we were asking about the final
(post 3-bit digitizer) versions of the firmware - not the current
temporary 8-bit only DTS firmware. We are going to run some checks on
a current module using the test racks before attempting it on the array.

Jim Jackson