[evlatests] Data from last night

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 2 08:20:49 EST 2010

Hello all --

   first off, my apologies if you see this e-mail twice -- I am not sure
who is on ecsv vs. evlatests, and wanted to reach everyone.

   We took several interesting data sets last night (1-2mar10) in
OSRO1 (2 x 128 MHz, 4pp @ 64 ch/pp) mode:

1- L WICloop:  bop back-&-forth between two cal
   JIRA'd as ECDATA-9; primary= James Miller-Jones

2- L WICloopOffCtr: bop back-&-forth between two cal, one offset 1arcmin N
   JIRA's as ECDATA-10; primary= Steve Myers

3- LCXK set-and-remember test: switch L C K X bands on one source,
   hopefully returning to the same attenuator setting
   JIRA'd as ECDATA-11; primary= Vivek Dhawan

4- C pol'n cal run: OQ208-J1310-3C286 round-robin, wide range of PA
   JIRA'd as ECDATA-12; primary= George Mollenbrock

I have described these data more full and with archive references in
JIRA; I've also included a list of primary questions for each data set.
We need fairly fast turn-around for #1 and #2 especially.

I've assigned "primaries" because there is and will be enough data to
keep folks quite busy, without everyone working on the same data set.
I hope and expect "non-primaries" who are interested will dive in and
send comments.  If you _are_ a primary and have no time or inclination,
please let me know ASAP.

I expect updates and comments on these data sets will mostly go to
JIRA, as we figure out how that works.  Please let me know if you'd
like to receive those comments via e-mail but can't stand JIRA -- I
can easily add you as a "watcher".  I've already done so for Ken ;)

If JIRA does not work for this sort of discussion we'll try something
else, but Joe loves it and it seems worth giving it a go.  As
a bonus we do get nice figures attached...

Thanks very much --

         Michael