[evlatests] Wideband L band: quick look

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 28 18:53:30 EDT 2010

    I've taken a quick look, with the following top-level results.

    Phase/amplitude connectivity will have to wait a bit.

    1) FITLD reported 6.1% integer zeros.  Most of these are associated
with particular antenna-IFs (see below).

    2) Four antennas have no receivers, and were flagged (via UVFLG):
6, 10, 17, 20.

    3) Although antenna 6 has no receiver, the visibilities are still
there -- pure noise (as they should be), except for 6B, which was simply
blank -- meaning that IF was all integer zero.

    4) Antenna 1, in subband 7, LCP only, was all integer zero.

    5) Delays were large for antenna 15 in RCP, for IF A only.  (IF B
was fine).

    6) Bandpasses all look fine.  These reveal that subband 1 is *not*
the infamous 'subband 0' in WIDAR-ese.  The spectrum looks peculiar
because of the general roll-off at the low edge of the band.  But there
is no 'channel 1 of subband 1' effect which reveals the useage of the
bad first WIDAR subband.

    A brief scan of the data show that all the data look quite good.  A
more detailed look will be taken later.