[evlatests] What setup problems???

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 10 16:54:31 EDT 2010

    I generated a script to test OSRO mode observations by changing
bands every couple of minutes.  The observations were of three very
strong objects (3C286, 2007+4029, Cygnus A), in OSRO mode 1 (two
subbands, full polarization), in four bands:  L, S, C, and X.   Note
that changing into and out of X-band requires a 'configuration
change'.   Band changes were made every 2.5 minutes.

    Results:

    Superb Data!!!  Every antenna that was supposed to fringe did so,
with the only occasional exceptions being clearly due to a 'failure to
tune' -- I'll provide a separate list later on which ones didn't do what
they were told to do.
    Each change of band was accompanied by about (and only!) 10 to 15
seconds of flagged (or bad) data -- exactly as expected for a
subreflector or source change.  There was *NO* additional loss of data
found when switching to, or from X-band.

    FITLD reported only 0.49% of the data being pure zero.

    All looks very nice indeed from this simple, but fairly demanding,
test.

    Rick