[evlatests] D*P contributions to total intensity

Bill Cotton bcotton at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 27 16:25:08 EDT 2010

George,

   Certainly solving for the D terms per channel allows for an
arbitrary function of frequency but can suffer from low SNR.
If the instrumental polarization is a relatively slow function of
frequency as you suggest, then it can be parameterized.  This can
result in better SNR while including the frequency dependence.
I wonder from your description if a R-L phase bandpass for the
reference antenna would leave a more nearly constant instrumental
polarization.  If what you describe is, in fact, merely the R-L phase
spectrum of the reference antenna that would greatly simplify
calibration.

-Bill