[evlatests] API

Chuck Kutz ckutz at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 1 18:42:55 EDT 2010

All,

I now know why the API is not working.
I just got off of the phone with the AMC-4 ground station technician,
AMC-4 has been taken out of service and has been removed from it's
orbital slot.
They have moved another satellite, SES-1, into it's slot at 101W. We
will have to re-tune the API from 11.702 GHz to 11.701 GHz. (it could
have been much worse)

I am going out to assist Dan Mertely tomorro morning in the retuning
activity. I'll let everyone know one way or another as to our success.

Chuck

P.S. AMC-4 was launched in 1999 with a projected 25 year life span. The
satellite started developing power problems, so they had to transfer
services by the end of July.
Looks like they are ahead of schedule.