[evlatests] Antenna 1 at Ka-band

Chuck Kutz ckutz at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 14 10:13:30 EST 2010

Rob Long wrote:
> Did the Ka-band receiver get fixed on ant 1?  I know there was a problem
> with ant 1 and the FE guys were working on it, but I don't know what the
> conclusion was.
>
> Rob
>
> Rick Perley wrote:
>
>>     I believe there has been some discussion about what is wrong with
>> antenna 1 at Ka-band.
>>
>>     From the data taken last weekend, it is clear that the problem with
>> the data lie with the system temperature calculation.  The raw
>> visibility data (correlation coefficients) are just fine.  But the Tsys
>> values are either missing or utterly absurd.
>>
>>     Of course, there is no diagnosing the problem possible now -- we'll
>> await the rise of WIDAR to see what happens ...

No, the Ka in antenna 1 is not fixed yet. It is next in the que though
(we have been working antenna 4's Ka)

The LCP down converter in antenna 4's Ka failed and is almost finished
with the rework. The down converter fix was a lifted wire bond, so the
repair did not consume any critical components (sigh of relief). Still
need to run the soida tests and will finish up next week.
We will bring in the Ka from antenna 1 next week.

Chuck

Chuck