[evlatests] X-band subband ordering

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Sat Feb 20 10:44:43 EST 2010

There is clearly something wrong with the X-band labelling.  I would
prefer to defer further & deeper tests until we've switched completely
to the new "automated" approach to getting metadata through to the SDM,
next week.  There are many tests to do but we will just have to re-do
them when the new system is in place giving (for instance) both baseband
pairs at the same time.

On the VCI side there are many possible confusions.  Note for instance that
we auto-magically change the filter sideband flippers so that the CBE
*always* receives USB data, at every band.  We confirmed yesterday that
this does indeed work.  There is a great deal of development going on at
the moment with the VCI and the Configuration Mapper.  Again it would
seem wise to let the dust settle before checking the details of such
messages.

                     Michael