[evlatests] Super-fab news!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 19 18:48:22 EST 2010

    Ken, after 'tuning up' the system, took some WIC loop data, at C and
X bands.

    This report is on the C-band results.   Full polarization, 2 MHz
channel resolution.

    I've not seen better data yet.  All antennas are working on both IFs
and all polarizations, except antenna 13 which has no receiver.
(Antenna 10, 12, 17, and 22 are still out of the array).

    There are a higher than usual number of integer zero correlations --
amounting to 0.41% of all data.

    All delays are less than 5 nsec.

    Cross-hand delay is now about 1 nsec.

    Cross-hand amplitudes are about 4 -- 8% of the parallel hand (as
expected), with about a 1% variation about the average for any given
cross-spectrum.  This is the variation in the 'D-term' over frequency.
I'll make some plots to show next week.

    The sky is the right way up.

    These are the best data seen yet.  I've not yet combined the
channels to look for 'wobbles' (which cannot be seen in single-channel
data).  Steve tells me there are wonky things in the X-band data, so
I'll look at this test now.