[evlatests] AAT single sign-on tests

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Sat May 30 14:52:09 EDT 2009

there are some known problems with entries in the user database - mostly
for folks that have been there since the early days of the database.  it
will fail to log you in to the AAT when you get transferred to
my.nrao.edu.  we are in the process of trying to fix this with opensky,
but until then, you can try to fix it yourself by following some
instructions dave harland came up with:

     Symptoms: A pile of XML text where the application ought to be.
Look for key words such as "phone", "email", "address".

     Cause: The database has no default piece of contact information
(phone, email, postal) where it expects one, or it has more than one
such piece.

     Cure: If you see one of the key words, it probably means you are
one of the users whose data is not in the expected form.  With a little
work & luck you can clear this up yourself.  Go to my.nrao.edu, login,
click on the profile tab.  For whichever piece(s) of the contact info
gave you trouble, try fixing it by making exactly one data item the
default.  (Note that the portal does not let you choose a default postal
address.  We have found that by deleting all the addresses and then
adding one or more back in, the ill is cured.)

     Another problem: phone of type "Cell".  If you have a phone number
of this type, edit it by changing it to "Mobile".  (You'll notice that
"Cell" is not a selectable option.)

Sorry about the extra work there; if you're lucky it won't be necessary.

	-bryan