[evlatests] L302 128MHz comb generators

Terry Cotter tcotter at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 25 18:03:59 EDT 2009

Hi All,

	I have just learned that all of our 128 MHz comb generators used for
the L302 have a assembly problem and will need to be returned to the
factory for repair. The generators have a by-pass cap on their
regulators that was left off. This causes the regulators to oscillate.
This is the source of the false locking problems with the L302 and may
also be the source of some of the stability problems. The colder the
comb generators get the worse the problem. We test them at room temp and
cannot see this problem but at +17 degrees C the problem is much greater.

Terry