[evlatests] More amazing phenomenology ...

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 14 19:43:26 EDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Rick Perley wrote:

>    It looks like a slow slippage in phase tracking, which starts at
> zero at the observation's beginning.  Antenna 25 is at N2, while antenna
> 28 is at N8.
>
>        Ken has a theory ...

Not a theory, an observation.  In early June when we were battling
only the wobbles one of the things we did was to swap the connections
of two antennas to station boards to see if the problem stayed with
the slot or the antenna.  It stayed with the slot; and the two
antennas were ea25 and ea28.

I have now examined which antennas we think are connected to which
station boards and find some confusion.  Tomorrow we should make
some connectivity tests to be sure we know what is happening.  It
is possible that delays, from which are derived fringe phase and
frequency, intended for ea25 are being sent to ea28 and vice versa.
A careful examination is needed.