[evlatests] Progress on WIDAR Imaging Woes

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 14 15:23:41 EDT 2009

Ed Fomalont wrote:
> Has anyone checked to see if the u,v for antennas 25 and 28 are correct?
>
> UVFIX does very bad things, even for the other good antennas.  This
> implies that the antenna positions in the data base may be in error,
> even if the u,v's are okay?
>
> Is this worth pursuing?
>
> ed

I sent you an e-mail about this yesterday.  The UVFIX that you are using
does not know about the EVLA coordinate system.  It should by tomorrow.
  When I have tested the change, the u,v,w that AIPS gets is musch the
same as in the input data.  Note that I have not tested 25 and 28
specifically, but asdm2MS computes the u,v,w from the ANtenna info and
so does AIPS so it will have to be the antenna info itself that is wrong
if u,v,w has anything to do with this.  Note that I do not believe that
an erroneous u,v,w can cause the multi-stable states seen by Rick.

Eric