[evlatests] Progress on WIDAR Imaging Woes

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 14 15:11:27 EDT 2009

Hi Ed --

> Has anyone checked to see if the u,v for antennas 25 and 28 are correct?

Rick checked the uvw's, and I thought also compared UVFIX with the uvw
from the filler.  Is this right, Rick?

> UVFIX does very bad things, even for the other good antennas.  This
> implies that the antenna positions in the data base may be in error,
> even if the u,v's are okay?

The uvw's are generated from the antenna positions in the filler, so
at the pre-CASA stage they were presumably OK.

Obviously we should track this down however.  Vivek, Rick, have either
of you compared UVFIX with "filled" uvw values?

                   Michael