[evlatests] L-Band WIDAR Woes

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 10 11:56:46 EDT 2009

the sun has been fairly active of late.  sunspot 1024 was nearly
constantly flaring over the past week or more (it's about to go over the
limb now).  see, e.g.,
http://blogs.discovery.com/space_disco/2009/07/the-fouth-of-july-celebrated-solar-style.html

if you know what day the data was taken, you can go to the SOHO website
and get a picture from that day/time...

it's conceivable that the sun was behaving badly.

this is only going to get worse over time.  though we just went through
solar min (last december) - we're now ramping up to the solar max
predicted to be in early 2013...

	-bryan