[evlatests] WIDAR baselines, and time offsets

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 7 13:53:33 EDT 2009

The time IAT vs UTC offset is something that AIPS has had to deal with
forever as VLBI data are in UT and VLA in IAT.  It is important to keep
the leap second files up to date - which is easy to forget.  UVFIX does
get used for both instruments.  I would not be surprised if whatever is
deciding what sort of time is being used thinks the EVLA is the same as
the VLA.

Cheers,

Craig

Eric Greisen wrote:

>>> I would expect 33 seconds.  Data from the VLA correlator is
>>> labelled in IAT, while data from Widar seems to be labelled
>>> in UTC.  I hope that the sign of IAT-UTC is consistent with
>>> what you describe.
>>>
>> Does uvfix know about this?
>>
> I don't know how, but the u,v,w from the corrected uvfix (for By sign
> etc) gets answers very close to the original values - certainly not 34
> seconds off.
>
> Eric

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA