[evlatests] C-band Cyg A WIDAR imaging

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 6 18:50:38 EDT 2009

    I have made self-calibration work on the C-band WIDAR data, thus
demonstrating the closure works at least fairly well on a complicated
source.  The image is not great -- and is much worse than the
corresponding VLA image.  However, the VLA-generated data came from 16
antennas, while the WIDAR image came from 10.  The source is heavily
resolved, so most of the different may be due to this alone.

    I'll tackle the L-band data tomorrow.  Both the VLA and EVLA data
look quite poor to a quick inspection.