[evlatests] K-Band Results -- Perfect!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 2 17:55:24 EDT 2009

    Michael took an hour of data on our favorite northern point source
at K-band.

    Executive Summary:      Everything is perfect!

    Details:

    Observations had 1 minute scans.  No phase jumps of any kind were
seen, nor any significant amplitude wobbles or steps.    Phase stability
was poor -- not a surprise given the dewpoint and weather.  Sensitivity
seems a bit poorer than I would expect, but this is likely due to an
elevated system temperature (atmospheric emission).

    Delays were measured -- no large values were found.  (Largest is 13
nsec on antenna 25).

    Bandpasses were measured on a 1-minute timescale -- all looks very
stable.

    A 951 channel 'pseudo-continuum' database was made, with four
sub-bands.

    Closure offsets were measured -- all are at the 0.1% or less, which
I'm sure is consistent with noise.

    The final map is dead flat.  No lumps or waves.  DR is 23600 for all
four sub-bands, and half that for one subband -- just as expected.