[evlatests] meeting to discuss EDFA tests

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 26 17:23:16 EST 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Claire Chandler wrote:

> We will meet in 317 at 1.30pm today to examine the results of the EDFA
> tests to be run this morning, and to decide whether the optical pads
> need to be removed.

The optical splitters for antenans 13, 23 and 26 were removed
but the wind prevents any believable observational tests.  It
is clear that the low parity error rate on 13A has been reduced
to zero and that the parity error rate on 26C reduced, but still
large.  Nothing more can be said till the wind dies down.