[evlatests] EVLA Ka-Band

Charles Kutz ckutz at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 7 14:17:19 EST 2009

Recently three Ka-band receivers were written up for stress test
generated high effective tsys values.

Upon examining the stress test data, one notices that the individual IF
behavior is and has been fairly consistent and on occasionally exceeds
the threshold, this is true for all antennas. [discounting weather hammers]

Rather than belabor all the differences and nuances, I will note only
three of the major puzzlers:
1) Antenna 24 IF D is ~ 100K higher than IF C.
2) Antenna 4 is consistently 100K higher than the other antennas, on all
four IFs.
3) Antenna 3 runs ~ 127K all four IFs, all the time, regardless of any
weather effects. You could almost say that it is flat-lined, but I won't
say that...

Chuck