[evlatests] Time error fixed.

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 18 11:15:25 EST 2009

I could find absolutely nothing wrong with either the hardware or the
master timing.  I believe that we would have to see a difference in the
master 1PPS from the GPS and the timing outputs from the L350 (meaning
the L350 was not really sync'd properly), confused NTP time in the MIBs,
or incorrect timing to the computing system/correlator to produce this
kind of problem.

As far as I know, the MIBs believed they had correct time and the
largest 'offset' I could find in the master timing was slightly less
than 300 ns.  After re-syncing, this measured difference between GPS and
our timing was unchanged.  Since it seems that re-syncing/resetting
solved the problem, I am still pondering what the real problem was!

Rob